This weekend is Memorial Day, otherwise known as the official kick-off to the summer here on Cape Cod. It’s a special weekend here in Provincetown too. So, yes, it’s summer. For most of us, that’s reason enough for a visit. But if that’s not enough for you, here are five great reasons to visit Provincetown RIGHT NOW.
- FERRY SERVICE IS BACK! Say it with me: no. more. traffic. Bay State Cruise Company and Boston Harbor Cruises can get you from Boston to Ptown in 90 minutes.
- TEA DANCES ARE BACK! Everyone’s favorite nightly dance party is on for the season on the deck of the Boatslip Beach Club. Hot bodies, friends, and great dance music—what more do you need? It’s every night from 4-7pm, with special themed nights happening throughout the week. Check out their full 2017 schedule here.
- 20 SUMMERS Every weekend from May 12 to June 10, the Hawthorne Art Barn (a historical treasure in itself) comes to life with concerts, speakers, readings, and more. This is the only time they are open and we are talking world-class guests, artists, writers, and musicians.
- ICE CREAM SHOPS ARE OPEN. Whatever your fave indulgence is: ice cream from Lewis Brothers, donuts from Happy Camper, cookies from Relish, gelato from I Dream of Gelato. They’re all back and open (finally!!). It’s been a long, harsh winter. Bring on the sugar!
- WOMEN OF COLOR & FRIENDS WEEKEND (JUNE 1-4): One of Ptown’s inimitable weekend long parties with entertainment, poolside dancing, fab food.